IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
- Full name of legal entity: Encompass Experiences LLP
- Email address: email@example.com
- Postal address: 201, Second Floor, C-2, District Centre, Square One Mall, Saket, New Delhi-110017, India
- Telephone number:+91 93115 66448
The data we collect
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of travel services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, details of previous enquiries, itineraries or bookings made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Special category data:
Health/mobility data: When you make an enquiry for a travel booking with us, we will ask you to/you may disclose any medical conditions/health issues or any restrictions on your mobility. This is to enable us (and the operators/suppliers of your holiday) to provide for your health, safety and welfare during your trip, which is our legal responsibility. Any information of this type that you provide to us constitutes special category data under applicable data protection laws and so when you provide it to us, you give your consent to us using such information for the purpose of making your travel arrangements including our sharing of your information with the suppliers of your trip for this purpose (see section 5 Disclosure of your Personal Data).
If you choose not to disclose this information to us or your consent to use it for the outlined purposes, we may not be able to provide the services you have requested due to our legal responsibility to provide you with a safe holiday.
- Religious beliefs: We will also ask you to disclose to us any dietary requirements that you have and you may also choose to disclose to us your religious beliefs if this informs your particular travel itinerary choices/interests. Religious beliefs constitute special category data. Accordingly, when you provide this information you confirm your consent to us using such information for the purpose of making your travel arrangements, including our sharing of your information with the suppliers of your trip for this purpose.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How we collect your personal data
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- enquire about or book our travel services (either directly or via a travel agent);
- create an online account via our website;
- subscribe to our newsletters or other publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- give us feedback or contact us; and
- contact us via social media or follow/like our social media pages.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
Technical Data from the following parties:
(a) analytics providers such as Google Analytics based inside or outside India;
(b) advertising networks such as Bing based inside or outside the EU; and
(c) email marketing service providers such as “Mailchimp” based inside or outside India;
(d) data and trend analysers
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services based inside or outside India.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you (i.e. in order to service your travel enquiry or your booking).
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending direct marketing communications to you if you have not previously enquired or booked a holiday with us and in order to share your personal data with any third party for their marketing communications. We will also rely on your consent to our use of special category data as outlined in the paragraph “Special Category Data” above.
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us or in the case of email marketing, including our newsletter, if you unsubscribe.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have previously opted into receiving them from us, or if you have previously asked for a quote or made a booking with us, and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Profiling: As indicated in the above table, we may use your personal data to personalise and tailor your experience by using your previous requests for quotes, previous purchases, communications with Encompass Experiences staff and providers which have fulfilled part of your Encompass Experiences travel bookings, your browsing activity, and other publicly available information (such as demographic data provided by an external provider), to make recommendations and special offers to you about products and services we think may be of interest to you based on your profile. If you do not want us to profile and process your information in this way, please contact our Data Privacy Manager (see section 1 Contact Details).
Third Party Marketing
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time, telephoning us or writing to us (see contact details in Section 1 of this Policy).
Where you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we will still process your personal data for fulfilling your enquiry or booking and for the other activities indicated in the table above other than marketing.
Should you wish to unsubscribe from marketing communications via email, you may opt out by clicking on the clearly marked ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any Encompass Experiences newsletter or marketing email.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of your personal data
- Internal Third Parties:
– Other companies in the Encompass Experiences group acting as joint controllers or processors and who are based inside and outside of the EU who assist with the arrangement of travel services for customers.
- External Third Parties:
Travel product and services suppliers based inside and outside India who provide travel services to fulfil the itineraries and bookings that we provide (e.g. airlines, destination management companies, hotels and other accommodation providers);
- Public authorities such as customs and immigration, security and/or credit checking companies, credit and debit card companies and government and enforcement agencies if required by them in order for us to fulfil your booking, or as required by law;
- Police or other law enforcement or crime prevention agencies;
- Service providers acting as processors based in both inside and outside India who provide marketing services, data management or data analytics services;
- Commercial partners who provide our travel services as part of competitions, prize draws and similar (subject always to customer consent to such data being shared);
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based inside and outside India who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based inside and outside of India who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Note however that no system is 100% secure or error-free. Therefore, we do not, and cannot, guarantee the security or accuracy of the information we gather.
One way we protect your personally identifiable information is through usernames and passwords. This safety measure is only effective if you protect the secrecy of both your username and password.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will we use your data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy which you can request from us by contacting us.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see “Your legal rights” below for further information.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time and in our sole discretion, for example to take account of new data protection legislation, and to reflect our current business practices. If we do change the Policy, the new Policy will be posted here, along with its revision date. We encourage you to check this Policy periodically and – at a minimum – before each instance in which you provide personally identifiable information to us, in addition to any fair processing notice that we provide.